View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 12:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question medtronic strata problems

hi I suffer from nph after a fall some years a go I have had a medtronic strata shunt that keeps adjusting itself I have had it readjusted 8 times in the 3 years i have had it.The neuro surgeon keeps putting the blame on me saying i must have a large magnetic field around me what a lot of crap i have had to listen too.
The setting is normally set at 2.5 I have been trying to find out if these units are prone to getting out of adjustment before this thing in my head kills me,as once it reset to 1.0 causing a massive overdrainage problem.
Can anyone out there help me with any info, also does anyone know anything about a new adjustable valve called Polaris which are meant to be less prone to faulting as i would like to get mine removed & replaced as it has caused so many problems.I have just about come to the end of the line with my shunt and am getting nowhere so i would love to hear from anybody as many of you are aware it can be a problem talking about issues.I have just found this site & find it great finding out i am not alone.Hope to hear back from some of you regards Ian
ian richard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote