View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 12:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

(((hugs))). I had the same reaction when Langan got AFOs. BUT they have been a blessing for her. She wears them to school every day. We usually give her a break on the weekends, unless she is going to be doing any real walking or standing.

Our PT told me just a few weeks ago that she believes that the next set of AFOs will be the last ones Langan needs (we're in the process of ordering more b/c she is outgrowing these). She said Langan may need an insert in her shoe b/c her arch is so flat but she doesn't think she'll need AFOs after this next pair. AND she said that is in large part b/c Langan has worn them so much to develop her leg and ankle muscles.

Just wanted to throw that out there for you, as a light at the end of the tunnel. Our PT is not one to say things unless she is really convinced, so this news was wonderful to me. And it gives me inspiration to strap on those AFOs every morning when I really wish Langan could wear the cute little shoes her friends wear.

(((hugs)))
Wendy, mom to Langan, the love of my life, born 7/19/02. Global delays, intractable seizures, mystery girl. VNS implanted 2/10/06, now on small dose of lamictal and fighting for seizure control, and wife to Jon, the other love of my life!!
langansmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote