Thread: SSDI and travel
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 05:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
Reading all of this sort of makes me cringe. I have one of those disorders with good days and bad days. On good days I am able to ride the lawn mower for a couple of hours as long as I stay hydrated and take stretching breaks (this "normality" is the "best medicine" for my psyche). On bad days I go from my bed to the recliner and back. Everytime I go to my neuro, he INSISTS that I exercise as MUCH as possible -- he prefers that I WALK -- a mile or two a day would please him mightily. Of course, MOST days, this simply isn't possible. But, to think that people are SPYING on me!!!

I told SS the TRUTH -- that I have good days and bad days -- the BAD far outweigh the good. I could NEVER work 8 hours -- I can't even go 8 hours without resting SEVERAL times on GOOD days. I am NEVER left alone -- one step away from choking/breathing crisis and the ER. My friends and neighbors KNOW this, but still -- just thinking that people are spying on me -- that just adds to the stress that I do NOT need -- and stress makes my condition MUCH worse!!!

Jana.....Just live your life the best you can. To the best of my knowledge, it's just WC who 'spies', not SSA. Even if 'caught' on video tape, there are chances to explain. As you said yourself, just because you push yourself to walk (on your doctors advice) some days, does not mean you are able to work 8 hours on any day.

I think the cheaters who are really caught are obvious.....like a peron with a 'bad back' who can't climb stairs or raise their hands......then there are pics of them on a ladder painting their house.

I'm from Boston. Big case in the news last year about a firefighter who was declared permananently disabled and collecting a pension at a higher rate than normal because he was subbing for his boss who had the day off. He wasn't even still doing 'traditional' tough fireman's work.....he investigated arsons after the fact. He was 'caught' after video of him showed up on the internet......video of him placing 7th in a national body building contest.

Der !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote