View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 05:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Communicating with my neuro

Hi everyone, hope you are having a pain free day.

I need help communicating with my neuro. I feel so stupid saying this because I had a wonderful career and communicating was one of my strengths, not a weakness. But my neuro makes me feel like a bad child and I continue to let her do it.

My neuro is a 40 something, educated at the University of Miami and then Baylor, is about 5 feet tall and 100 lbs. She is the only doctor I have a problem with. Basically I feel she downplays every symptom I have. When I talk about my pain, she looks at me like I'm crazy. She does not believe in fibromyalgia at all and we had some words about that but I dropped it because I knew that most neuros don't believe in it. 2 weeks ago I was in the middle of a terrible pain flare. The pain hit a level I had not experienced before and my husband became very concerned and called her office. He never got a call back from her nurse, as promised.
About a year ago, I went to another neuro for a 2nd opinion and casually brought up some issues with my neuro. She encouraged me to stay with my neuro, stating that my neuro is excellent - one of the best.

So how do I break this negative communication style and get the most from my office visits? Right now, I just hate going to see her.

Thanks,
nancyh
nancy-h is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote