View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 05:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update please

Hi there,

I just read what you had written a while back. I wanted to ask you how things are now. I have a son that is 12 that has developed OCD. He is also ADHD and has an IEP in school. So... a lot going on. Just wanted to see what you have found helps your son.

Thanks!

Karin

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtogrif View Post
Hi, Brokenfriend, we have found counseling for our son and he has a doctor who sees him on a regular basis. We are going back to the counselor next week and we may get him to a psychiatrist to investigate meds soon.

On the topic of age: I know many people whose children have intrusive thoughts and OCD rituals as young as the age of 6 or 7. I have a good Christian friend who has had OCD since she can remember(around 7 or 8 years old) and she said she had both intrusive thoughts and compulsive rituals and behaviors as a child, but she never resorted to meds. She made it through and now is battling these things with her children but she's so well-equipped b/c she has been there herself.

Oh, and I wanted to also say that my son is a great kid who is happy 90% of the time. It's just those few anxiety moments in his day(or every other day) that really over shadow the normalcy of his life. Honestly, you'd never know he's a nervous kid unless I told you ahead of time, LOL!