View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Dear Mari

congestion sux. if you have chronic problems with it, my suggestion would be to talk to your GP about the possibility of taking Sudafed, since it is a very effective medication. Your GP has all the medical information regarding your stroke, and general physical conditions. She is in the best position to know whether or not it is safe for you to take it. And if she feels it is not safe for you, she might be able to suggest a different decongestant.

I don't know if you would rather call or go in, if your GP takes walk-ins, etc. But for something like this, you might be able to just call. Anyway, i would raise the issue with her before ditching the Sudafed option.

i'm sorry you had such a scare at the pharmacy. i am aware of the new sales regulations on it in the US... they were careless to leave it on the shelves... perhaps some new clerk or something. but to go hounding you about it??? GRRR.

Sudafed was my staple decongestant med. Where i live, it has been taken off the market. It is not even available with a prescription. Pseudoephedrine is sold in combination with with an antihistamine, in Actifed (without script! ) so i take that for congestion due to allergic rhinitis. But if the congestion is due to other causes, such as a cold, the antihistamine in the Actifed makes things worse because it dries things up, so, no pseudoephedrine for me either, in that case. Sigh. Stupid pharmaceutical companies or whoever decided this stuff.

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-11-2010), Brokenfriend (04-11-2010), Dmom3005 (04-11-2010)