View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 07:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Do these notes from my diary count?
January 24, 2007

Staying home with G. - age 9 - who is in turn staying home from school. Around 9:50 a.m. cramping set in while I was on the phone. Got off the line, but pain/cramping only grew in intensity, until I was quickly at or approaching a 9. Took a round of Baclofen, Oxycontin (20 mg) and oxycodone (5 mg.), but could barely make it downstairs to check up on G. 11:20 a.m. little or no improvement, no longer able to tolerate socks, pulled them off in about two seconds. Pain is just searing through me. 11:30 a.m. taking another 15 mg. of oxycodone along with 10 mg. of Marinol. 2:05 p.m. with pain peaking again, I repeat the dosing of Baclofen, Oxycontin and oxycodone. 10 minutes later I was sitting at mt computer when G. charges in with a scream and a wrestling move he wants to show off on my neck. (Thought I was about to die . . . )
The essence of the experience was pain that was not specific as to a given location, but filled me from the inside like rays from a lantern. Is this what they mean by Central Pain? If it is, then I have to admit that it ebbs and flows, and isn't with my all of the time: for which I am eternally grateful.

Mike
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote