Thread: post concussion
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 12:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyriverrugby11 View Post
TroyJoseph, My man I appreciate it so much.......No one ever wants to admit they are struggling or losing their grip, but at some point you have to ya know.......I need to hear stories and insight on people who have had this or have this S***, because it helps...it really does.

You can workout now then you say bro? At how many months in could you?......Man, I gotta lift n workout haha.....Im losin it. I did light light weightlifting for a while on the amitriptyline and felt ok....(then I tried upping the weight and felt like a hot bag of garbage again)or which I didnt know what was right anymore since I felt so bad before......I recently read the U of Buffalo Sports and Medicine Concussion Clinic studies and website, which is regulated exercise, which would be cardio on a stationary bike, and it regulates the cerebral blood flow back so it says, since you brains oxygen and bloodflow is wacked from the blows to the head.

I spoke with one of the dr's and I'm debating on going to Buffalo over the summer for 3 months of their treatment. I read that many athletes have gone there and have returned to their sports(which I know Im done with rugby or contact sports) or feeling them selves again.......

Another question if you don't mind haha......what do think about drinking? I can drink sometimes and feel good after getting through 3 or 4 beers......or sometimes I feel like hell, slowed down, hazy like you have experienced....and I never had been a pot user, but have heard good things.....I appreciate the post back bro.......Hope all is well and take care
Muddyriver- I've seen your posts on other threads and have responded, but I'm not sure you've seen my responses yet? I just joined recently and cannot remember which threads I've posted on! I thought I'd write on this one just in case you check this thread and not the other. I to am considering going to Buffalo over the summer to be treated. I've seen other doctors who have recommended and introduced this study to me and personally, I think its my best shot. I've tried to get in touch with John Leddy, the director there, but have had no luck. I was told he is out of town till tomorrow. Have you been able to get in touch with them? Do you know anything about the procedure done there/more information? I'm not from around the buffalo area- are you?

best,
erica
erica21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote