View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 05:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink make sure you have the right DR

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I have posted and I just wanted all to know what is up with my diagnosis and why a second opinion is a must. My 2nd NS Dr Michael Martin at University of Oklahoma decided to run a ton of tests on me and not just jump into chiari surgery. What he found blows me away because the first NS that I went to was ready to do decompression right away with no further testing. I also have tethered cord syndrome, an extra lower lumbar vertebrae and not just 1 but 3 syrinxes one below the chiari one in the middle and one in my low back. This is on top of my Kleppel Feil syndrome ( i knew about that one) which is fusion of nearly every vertebrae in my neck. I am going to do the TCS surgery in Aug they are still running a ton more tests on me and I have to wait for my daughters softball season to be over. I figure whats a couple of months when I have had this for 47 years. If the surgery works then I should not have to have the chiari decompression done. I will keep you posted. I have taken up one of yall's sayings and that is that life is short enjoy every little thing. Please make sure you find a good doctor, it might take a little more effort but its worth it in the long run. best to all Cathy
Cathy M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote