View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 08:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Rats; now I have Osteoporosis too!

Gee whiz; there should be a limit of one medical issue per person!

I went to my Doc for a checkup and she suggested a bone scan which is done in her office with immediate results so I said okay.

I thought I may have a little bone thinning because I don't drink milk unless it is in ice cream.

Imagine my shock when I saw the results and it was way worse than I thought. I have several compression fractures (?) in my back and a curvature in my spine I wasn' aware of.

She said she has never seen such bone loss in a person my age and could not understand how it could be so bad.

I told her my ex-neuro loved prescribing prednisone and she said "that's it; no more".

My hips are in the red zone which is more frequent in a ninety year old!

Anyhow; I have a free sample for Actonel which hope I can tolerate and then can get more as she gave me a prescription.

Please; do get a bone scan because if you have been on steroids they may be leaching calcium and may lead to osteoporosis.

I am really bummed about this but glad I found out before I broke a bone especially a hip!!

Brain damaged and I have MRI's to prove it!!
AZjanie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (04-13-2010), barb02 (04-12-2010), karousel (04-12-2010), Koala77 (04-11-2010), Lady (04-11-2010), SallyC (04-11-2010), Twinkletoes (04-11-2010)