View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 08:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimichicago View Post
I've been managing/attempting to ignore (hah!) my CRPS for a while now--basically just modifying my activity and trying to keep my chin up through the bad days. Mainly this is because the many therapists, therapies, and doctors I've tried haven't done a thing. I even did the half-day program at the acclaimed Rehab Institute of Chicago, and I was heartbroken with what turned out, in my case (I know the place has worked miracles for other conditions), to be a blatant money grab--my physical and occupational therapists had never even heard of CRPS/RSD, and my main doctor LITERALLY had the nerve to tell me that yes, the program would make all my pain go away! (She should've compared notes with the program's psychiatrist, who told me on my first day that I was incurable and should accept a lifetime of pain.)

I digress. My question: does anybody know of a doctor in or around Chicago who actually has a grasp on CRPS and might be able to help guide my treatment? I took a long break, and now I'm ready to start trying things again. The break from medical bills was nice, but I'm certainly not getting any better just sitting here.

Thanks for any advice you've got!
Hello my friend.. have you tried this place?

Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago/Chronic Pain Care Center
1030 N. Clark St. Chicago, IL 60610 -- Phone: 312-238-7800
AREAS OF EXPERTISE: Chronic pain; CRPS; fibromyalgia; headache; neuropathic pain
A TOP DOC: R. Norman Harden, M.D

Source:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...2468621&ref=mf

There may be others listed there as well, good luck Mike.

Ps check out the site while you are there you might be plesantly surprised.
Hugs bud.
~ Sandra.
Sandel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote