View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 10:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Janie,
I have had tons of oral and IV steroids over the years. I was always told to take lots of Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc in tablet form. Also to take lots of Vit D. I have done this for eons and my Bone Density test was still good.

My GYN Dr. would not prescribe any more HRT unless I had the test done along with the Pap and Mammo. He said all three were fine. I get a copy of all three. Always keep a copy for yourself.

This way you can watch, and keep track of..how the bones can get more dense with the proper medication.
They won't give me steroids without being at least 6 months steroid free.

You have to be careful of all steroid drugs. Even topical ones. They enter the system as oral ones do over time.

Allergy meds, cold meds, anti-itch meds, eye drops, inhalers, and many more drugs have steroids in them under different names. Read the labels on anything you take.

I wish you nice dense bones in the near future. Good luck.

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZjanie (04-12-2010), barb02 (04-12-2010), SallyC (04-11-2010), Twinkletoes (04-15-2010)