View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 09:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyq View Post
Neuro ordered an MRI (no contrast) and kept me home from work and Rx'd phenergan for the nausea and that was it. Oh, her neuro exam showed no problems though she didn't check the Hoffman's Reflex.
MRI showed no tumors (Phew!) and 5-10 nonspecific, small supratentorial white matter high T2 signal foci. The radiologist writes "I could not exclude a demyelinating process such as MS. However, these could simply represent changes of aging or be associated with other disease or even migraine headaches. I recommend clinical correlation. If there is a concern for MS then lab testing may be helpful".
I'm wondering if the radiologist is actually a board certified neuroradiologist. If you don't know, you can go to Google and enter his name in parentheses, and after typing a comma write "neuroradiology" and perhaps the city in which he practices (ex: "John K. Smith M.D.", "neuroradiology","Tacoma"). It doesn't sound as though he is, to be honest. He should probably have recommended a repeat study with contrast (Gadolinium), given the lesions he did see and given your symptoms. An "over-read" by another, board certified neuroradiologist wouldn't be an unusual request. Make sure that you have your films if you switch neurologists, and ask for another opinion.

rex
kingrex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote