View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 08:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

So, I spent the weekend watching my daughter at a state basketball tournament. Four games on Saturday and 2 games on Sunday. Today, I can't stand noise, light, and am so fatigued I can hardly stand it. I know Mark said that I have to get used to the "new" me, but I was a very social person and this weekend, I tended to distance myself from the other "basketball moms" because I just didn't want to be around them. I don't want to seem stuck-up, but I find that the constant talking and gossiping is really annoying.

The parents stayed up and played cards and I went back to my room to read. I don't really like doing that because my husband would really like me to do things with him. How do you get over that or don't you? I don't necessarily like the "new" me and would give anything to go back before my accident. I love my husband and he has been really supportive, but I fear that he may get tired of this in the near future. We talk, but I wonder if he gets tired of me blaming this on my injury. I should be over this by now. I am trying really hard, but there seem to be so many set backs.

We have talked about triggers, but there are just some things you can't give up. I never would have thought about missing the basketball tourney. My daughter was really excited and so was I. Today, I pay the price.

I am a fighter and I will beat this.
sheds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote