View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 08:58 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheds View Post
So, I spent the weekend watching my daughter at a state basketball tournament. Four games on Saturday and 2 games on Sunday. Today, I can't stand noise, light, and am so fatigued I can hardly stand it. I know Mark said that I have to get used to the "new" me, but I was a very social person and this weekend, I tended to distance myself from the other "basketball moms" because I just didn't want to be around them. I don't want to seem stuck-up, but I find that the constant talking and gossiping is really annoying.

The parents stayed up and played cards and I went back to my room to read. I don't really like doing that because my husband would really like me to do things with him. How do you get over that or don't you? I don't necessarily like the "new" me and would give anything to go back before my accident. I love my husband and he has been really supportive, but I fear that he may get tired of this in the near future. We talk, but I wonder if he gets tired of me blaming this on my injury. I should be over this by now. I am trying really hard, but there seem to be so many set backs.

We have talked about triggers, but there are just some things you can't give up. I never would have thought about missing the basketball tourney. My daughter was really excited and so was I. Today, I pay the price.

I am a fighter and I will beat this.
Sheds,

I know exactly how you feel. You might try using ear plugs when you go out anywhere. That's what I have had to do. I am on a division 1 lacrosse team, and its always expected that when you are injured you are at practice, games, lifts, etc. always cheering and making your presence known. Unfortunately, as you all know, doing any of that is impossible for me with out feeling like complete crap during and after.

So now, I only go to our games- I wear ear plugs and sunglasses and stand on the side line. I don't cheer, I usually don't speak, but i've explained to my teammates that it hurts my head to talk. Everyone has been pretty excepting of it, but I understand how you feel like your distancing yourself. It's been so long now that people really aren't as accepting of it, and just think that I'm feeling sorry for myself, or pouting. This has been the hardest part, because I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Regardless of what you've told people, bottom line is that you cannot actively engage yourself in interacting in a normal way. It's HARD. I find that I don't want to talk to anyone either, it just takes to much energy. I to would rather just go in my room and read a book- it takes my mind off the hell this has been.

Atleast you have this forum to come to. Talking about the issues your having is hard, especially when it brings on symptoms! (as it does for me)

As my mom keeps telling me- try to remain positive. Keep your head up. It's so hard to do, i know. But atleast you can come to this forum and get everything off your chest
erica21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BeccaP (04-16-2010), Concussed Scientist (05-10-2010)