View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
When things get this dicey... well... all that is left is sun exposure. Get out there and get the proper exposure and perhaps you won't need the supplements.

Other choices are daily lower dose and over time you may get better. At 29 ng/ you'd need about 4,000IU D3 daily to get to 50-60. Optimum sun exposure daily would give 10,000 IU daily.
The sun is free.
Hi Mrs. D.

Five minutes ago, I just spoke to the girl a Alan's doctor's office. I said "Can I please have his Vitamin D Level, he took a blood test last month but we did not get the vitamin D level and we were told to call back this morning.

She came back to the phone and said "His level is 31.1. I said "was this the hydroxy test? and she said "yes, it's called a 25 Hydroxy test". She said normal was 30 to 100.

I said "Well, if normal is 30 to 100 and he's 31, I WOULD GATHER HE'S LOW???

She really didn't know.

Alan takes 1, 1000 Vitamin D3 pill every day. This is what I take also. But I also sit in the sun for 10 minutes a day. He NEVER DOES. He is very fair.

Do you think he should take more? He has bad psoriasis flare-ups as well as his neuropathy. I know it has nothing to do with Neuropathy, but maybe the auto-immune stuff going on?

thanks Mrs. D

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote