View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 09:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused looking for a doctor in ny for rsd

Hi,
My name is Eileen, I am married and have 3 children 2 boys & a girl, 9, 8 & 5.
I work full time as a Police Officer. In April 2006 I was playing baseball with my son & sprained my left ankle. After weeks of rest and PT I noticed a burning pain and the left side of my ankle was sensitive, color changes and muscle spasams. I went to the dr's and had mri and 3 phase bone scan. The bone scan showed blood flow ok but arthritis in my left foot. I was then sent to a pain mgnt dr and was diagonsed with crps 1. Nov 06 had my 1st block. Helped for 2 weeks. Pain is in my whole leg and feels like it is in my upper right leg. Muscle spasms are in my whole body. I had 2nd block and had no relief. My dr wants to do another block. I am not happy with my doctor. His communication skills are so poor and he looks at me funny when I complain about the pain so I went to a neurologist who said that he treats rsd at nyu in manhattan and he didn't seem that knowledgable in crps but did agree that I had it. I really need to find a doctor who is knowledgable in crps. Can anyone help me? I am desperate.
Thanks,
Eileen
eileen15565 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote