View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 10:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Migraines triggered by sinus

Hi y'all,
My dd has had migraines since she was 2. Eventually she also was dx with chronic sinus infections, and we whittled them down enough to pinpoint some dietary triggers.

With meds (elavil) she has been pretty much symptom free for almost a year...and we were weaning her off the meds (yay)

She developed a cold just before we were going to lower the dosage again; so we've delayed it. The cold turned into a sinus infection; which we think we've treated successfully (she's not very snuffly, and not draining obviously)

However, a week off the antibiotics and she's still getting daily headaches!

Could a sinus infection have triggered the migraines to recur? Or is it more likely still the sinus issue?

I hate to cross examine her too closely or she gets self conscious and says its nothing or decides she's dying.

Anyways...I don't think its the meds, because she'd been steady for more than 3 mos before the cold. It doesn't seem to be dietary, or dehydration. Or stress. Any other ideas? I hate to up the dosage if thats not necessary (the med does cause some mood fluctuations which concern me, though not as much as the chronic pain did)
mistofviolets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote