View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 03:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Mari,

Welcome to Neuro talk!
Thanks so much for posting the panoramic xray of your dental implants! This will give many people an idea of what multiple implants look like in the jawbone.

Depending on where the failed implant was, you may not need to have it replaced since you are having permanent bridgework done. If it was in a location that is crucial to the integrity of the bridgework then it would need to be replaced. But if it's not, then you could probably do without it. Did your dentist discuss that issue with you? If not, then perhaps you could bring it up to him and see what he says.

In the US.... a case involving extractions, 10 implants and permanent bridgework would be in the price range of about $50,000, more or less depending on the type of oral surgery needs per the individual. Most medical insurance policies do not cover this sort of thing. Some dental insurance policies may cover a very small part but that's it.

May I ask...... what is the dental plan to replace the missing teeth on your lower arch?

Again, welcome!

Bryanna

The implant is unfortunately integral and the discussion is to leave the bone to heal and then a replacement will be planted next to the first site. The lower arch will be reconstructed similarly once they have finished with the upper. Once the final implant has integrated into the bone they will then do the exposures and start with the crowns.

I have had bone grafts and a sinus lift done on the upper. And a reasonably large graft on the lower.

I’m still wearing dentures but they have been fitted perfectly and my prosthodontist is more than helpful to adjust when needed.

I have to say that the medical treatment and follow-up of the surgeon and prosthodontist have been amazing.
Mari003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote