View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 06:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face One month out

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgandee View Post
I am currently recoverying at Cleveland Clinic. I have several multiple levels of disc problems. I had C3-6 completed in 08, and work on T7-8 in 09. The T7-8 did not get much of the cord compression corrected. I came to cleveland to see what they could do. At first, they were not sure if they could get it. The went in an made the short turns to get in front of the spinal cord, behind the heart through the back. They cut out the part of the disc that was on the cord and put in a little amount of bone in its place. The other way to access this is to compress a lung, which is what my other drs wanted to do. I am glad Cleveland clinic could figure this one out. Looking forward to recovery.
I bet your just starting to feel a little normal like you have hope again. It was no joke of a surgery. I hope you take your time and do not over do it. I went to PT and worked very hard maybe too hard. I'm suggesting you be patient. It is good to hear you say you may be out of work a year. I did home daycare and was back to work in 4 months. No one will advise you so listen to your own body!!! Now I'm out of work for good probably. I don't know if that is why but I want to share what I wish I could change now. You have your whole life to work but only if YOU take to best care of your health. Best of healing to you.
Chris Mecone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote