View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I don't have any answers for you L, but I truly feel for you.
My doc, whom I truly respect and appreciate, said those very same words to me a few months ago. I was speechless. I truly couldn't believe that those words came out of his mouth. I was almost in a daze, I was so angry. I culdn't concentrate on what was said after that and left still in shock.

When I saw him for my next appointment, I opened with a very frank discussion of what I was like before I saw him, what my MRIs looked like prior to and after Tysabri and what signs and symptoms I had prior to and after Tysabri. He apologized and agreed with me, and said that it had been so long since I had any problems that he had forgotten what was going on when I first saw him.

Regardless of what a doctor sees daily in their MS patients, this disease is devastating to every one of us who is diagnosed. We all lose something, we all deal with stuff that we never had to deal with before we were ill, and it's no freaking walk in the park, and they need to remember that while looking down from their lofty perch.

AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (04-13-2010), dmplaura (04-13-2010), jeep4wd (04-18-2010), Lady (04-13-2010), SallyC (04-12-2010)