View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 11:43 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Neuro

Nancy,

Its so important to have a doc believe your symtoms and be on your side - agree with the others that you need to find someone in your camp..... what do you have to be careful of is saying anything negative about another doc - they all "TALK" - maybe state in positive manner such as looking for second opinon - someone closer to home - anything that doesnt make them appear in a negative light to the other doc (thus making you look like a "non-compliant" patient....)

I found out the hard way - a doc wanted to do surgery without doing recommended tests frist - I went to another doc saying one should always get a second opinion for surgery unless its an emergency right (which they should)? The second doc - as soon as he found out I had seen the first - turned out they were tight lunch buddies - was very difficult too - and its taken me a while to find a decent doc in his field (it was GI) - I asked my trusted docs for recommenations and they were very helpful.... its so important to have them as a team!
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote