View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 01:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default flax options

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyL View Post
Mrs. D!!!!!
Guess what I found in my freezer (next to my cannisters of brocoli, radish and other sprouting seeds)??????

100% Whole grain Flaxseed.

I am going to grind it up. I read that you can use it in hot cereals, salads WHATEVER!!!

So starting tomorrow, I shall add it to Alan's breakfast oatmeal and maybe during the dinner time, his salad? Kind of like adding wheat germ right?

So after I grind it up, how much should I add to his oatmeal?

And by consuming this, maybe his psoriasis will calm down??

That would be amazing.

Thanks much
Melody
Hi Melody, catching up on the Vit D issue and saw your post. Flax is great stuff. I wonder if you have noticed yet that it comes in pure form oil from the health food store. This makes it very easy to takem one tablespoon at a time.

I like the combination of EFA's, which is ideal 3-6-9 all vegetarian sources from Vita Cost. This is a great company to order from. Their house brand is Nutraceutical or NSI- 2k mg per serving 180 capsules . Forgot the cost, but cheaper than trying to get the combination from single sources. Evening Primrose and Borage are two sources of the EFA not found in Flax. Most ideal to get all of them in combination. So this brand does a good job without fish oil. Very affordable.

Also if you wish to grind flax, try using your coffee grinder, rather than your mini food processor. Grind only enough for one day and store the remaining in the freezer airtight. I love flax in pancakes.

I hope you can help your friend find a better substitute for those pudding things. Really filled with altered food which cannot be good or healthy. Best Wishes TT
tinglytoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote