View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 11:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimS View Post
Hi Claire,

I really hope it works for you.

For children, I would not suggest taking the risk though. They have too much brain/body development at risk if it's 'not really' worked. You've got a better guarantee just to stick to a diet that does not offend their system and then let them decide whether to poison () themselves when they're adults.

That being said, I would seriously consider it for them... not to allow them to ingest the foods purposely but to (hopefully) protect them from contamination in the more severe cases (like my son who had/has trouble even sitting at a desk that looks clean but apparently still has gluten on it from another child's snacktime treat).

Although, with everything still going on with you... it doesn't sound like it's working all that well.

I look forward (hopefully) to some better outcomes for you after this treatment.
I'm wondering why you suggest not doing this treatment on children? Is it your own personal experience? I really think it's not normal for people to not eat certain foods, unless you really have an autoimmune disease like celiac disease. I do not have the genes for celiac disease, so my gluten intolerance could have been caused by something besides genetics. As far as I know, the BioSET treatment is completely safe for children. I believe that the food itself is not bad (not talking about fake foods here), it's something that happens in our bodies that causes the immune system to react against foods. I just don't think this is normal and I'm more concerned about getting to the root of the problem than with living with multiple food intolerances. It's a very difficult thing to do to constantly worry about which food is causing a problem, and develop more and more intolerances.

I don't think I said that the treatment isn't working for me. I believe that leaky gut syndrome is a multi-faceted disease, and that is the way I am treating it. The BioSET treatment is just one piece of the picture. The fact that I did not test negatively for wheat after two months means my intestines are healing and how I react to the foods is changing. I just don't think I have killed off all the bad bacteria yet and my intestines are still healing from that. I think it takes a minimum of 4 to 7 months for the intestines to heal, and I don't think BioSET is a quick fix. I'm approaching this pragmatically and holistically. I developed these problems over many years, and it may take me that long to heal, but I believe the body does have that ability to heal.

Rachel, as far as I know, NMT is different than BioSET. Glad you had some positive results with it.

Claire