Thread: two canes
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 08:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Annie,

I think the more reasonable part of me knows that I'm supposed to talk to my neurologist about this, get a referral to a PT, etc. But I just don't think my neuro gets anything about my condition--he prescribed me a soft cervical collar that was useless--and I am waiting six weeks for my appointment with the neuro who is supposed to know.

My insurance has a high deductible, so I'll be paying for whatever equipment I end up with. I'm willing to spend the money for what I need, but I have a feeling that whatever they tell me to buy will just end up in the closet.

Am I at risk for a fall? I have ended up on the floor twice since I got this disease in October, and both were collapses--straight down, not tipping over or stumbling. For all my tilting and swaying back and forth, I haven't fallen. But I am getting worse, so I guess I should take that seriously.

You're right about the arms. I feel it.

Thanks again for giving it to me straight. I am not stupid enough to think I should be self-treating (I'm just stupid enough to do it anyway!). But I'm getting discouraged with the lack of treatment I'm getting.

Abby
Stellatum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote