View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Yes, that is fine. At least 2 a day or 3 if you can get him to do it.
Take with food. And keep the rest in the frig once you open them.
Oh, I'll GET HIM TO DO IT. Or he's a dead man. lol

but, BEFORE I BUY THIS, I want to use the flaxseed that I already have. It says 100% whole grain flax seed. The package says "Bob's Red Mill"

So I tried the food processor thing to grind it up. No luck.

WELL!!!! I just came back from Telco and I purchased a Proctor Silex Coffee grinder for Thirteen bucks.

I bring it home (now remember, I have never used a grinder in my life). This one is electric. Thank god I didn't plug it in first. I'm trying to open it. There is a little button on the side which looks EXACTLY LIKE MY SALTON YOGURT MAKER, in which you flip up this thing. I try flipping it up. It doesn't flip up.

I say "Melody, read the directions". Oh, it's the grinder button, it doesn't flip up." So I follow directions, pull off the top, pour in some whole Flax, replace the cover and

VOILA!!!

I press the button and I'M GRINDING!!!!

I did it.

I now will take one teaspoon of this and put it in Alan's oatmeal which he is having in about 5 minutes.

Should I use more?

One time a day (1 tsp) is good enough? or should I sneak another tsp into his veggies or something?

Thanks much

Oh, before I forget, I went to GNC, and saw ALL THE FLAX stuff, the oil, the milled stuff.

Quite a selection.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote