View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 05:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I went to the Neuropsych today at U of Chicago hooray. I was there early, and the weather was nice today somehow nice weather can really bring you up even though things feel dreadful.
I meet up with two doctors, one is doing his residency a full fledged albeit young psychiatrist, which is good with a background in neurology.
The second doctor is the head of the neuropsychiatry unit at the University and I believe might be able to come to a sound diagnosis.
As for Temporal Lobe (simple partials) are concerned, they didn't get my med records from my old neurologist after two months! So that was slightly frustrating.
I was prescribed Geodon, not even sure if I can afford it. In a sense I don't feel as though we really got too far, they really wanted to get the med records and I really wanted the doctors to receive them. Although I don't believe the MRI, sleep study, EEGs, EMG / AER will reveal anything new although one doctor might evaluate the data differently than the other.
I really hope I'm in the right doctors office, I feel like I've been going to doctors offices and receiving little in the way of resolving my issues.
My next big hurtle is buying the geodon and then seeing what it does, I have an idea seeing I've been on at least 25-30 different meds in the past.
If they confirm the diagnosis of TLE I will definately seek out a epileptologists. So getting better is taking a long while, over a decade, but I'll wait it out. Next visit is in May and hopefully they'll have my med records to see if seeing a neurologist or epileptologist is the correct route.
Morganomics is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote