View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 06:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Blowing nose and dizziness once again

Hi all,

Firstly it's great I can use this forum and read people's experiences as well as those responses who help to solve so many problems and answer so many questions without an imminent visit to a doctor. My respect.

Now to my question. I have to apologize because I bet this is a rather common question "why do I get dizzy when blowing my nose?". To some it may look annoying by now but to some (me in this case) it just happened and nearly made my head explode. I just want to make sure what to/not to do.

So I was having that nasty and strange sore throad for a few weeks (unusually long) which later changed to runny nose. I was still feeling fine and didn't have fever or anything else that wold make me feel too bad. I have always been suffering from nasal/throat/ear problems and know how it feels like and how to deal with it.

However today I was blowing my nose as usual (i.e. strong and hard... as any real man would do ) and... someone just "hit" me hard with a stick so that I feel like I'm about to collapse or loose consciousness (I was kinda sitting on my bed so it didn't happen). Simply put, I felt extremely dizzy. After about 10 secons I was fine again.

Now I understand that this is a rather typical phenomena and it happens to people (including my friends... I have already called some of them asking that) but it was the first time in my life of 26 years it happened... even though I had problems (sometimes rather big) with my nose/ears/throat all my life but nothing like this has ever happened. And now just "bang!". Could this be just a coincidence or is it something I should worry about (i.e. maybe some kind of "hidden" and unusual inner ear inflammation that could transfoprm into a Meningitis). I will see a nasal/ear doctor next week but I wonder if it's worth to take any more immediate action such as go to an accidents and emergency walk-in and describe my experience to them?

Thanks and good health to all!
Unhappyman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote