View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 08:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default new with 18 year old autistic son

I am new to the forum so I am hoping maybe someone has had some experience with what I am going through now with my son. He is 18 years old and autistic (high functioning). In the past 24 hours my son had taken a drastic downward decline. He has started turning head to each side and up in the middle, drawing his knees up to his chest at times, poking his head out and it is really hard to get his attention back. At times I can but others cant. Since yesterday he has been doing this continously every 5 - 10 minutes. He loses concentration of what he is saying and will repeat or loose thought completely. We went to the er today, ct scan was doine along with blood work and final dx was possible tic seizures and he was put on a medication which we are seeing if helps and he has an appointment with a neurologist tomorrow. Anyways my questions is has anyone gone though this with their young adult autistic son or anything similiar. This has been a really hard year for him with an extreme regression in attention span but what has recently happened is just caught us by surprise. Thank you.
smurfet1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote