Thread: SCS coverage
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 09:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default SCS coverage

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has had problems with the SCS not covering where it is suppose to or not covering as much area as it's suppose to. I have had the implant now for about 9 weeks and am discovering that it is not covering my feet or the middle of my lower back. However, it is covering the front and back of my upper and lower legs as well as my rear end and hips, but I still have pain in my mid lower back and feet. I've also found that the stimulation seems to favor my left side. I was just at a 'tweeking' session yesterday and had the best coverage to date but when I woke up this morning and turned it on it was covering mostly my left side. I don't know if I'm still in 'recovery' mode or if this is how it's going to be. I'm also confused because I had the paddle implanted so the leads would stay in place so I could live a more active life. I guess I'm not sure if it's the leads that are not working correctly, if my body's not working correctly, if the leads were placed incorreclty, or if I just need to be patient and give my body more time to heal. I still have a lot of surgery pain but because I don't handle pain medication well am limited to what I can take. Although, my doc did up my baclofen so I'm hoping that will help with the muscle spasms.

I appreciate all your input. Thanks!!
kzlrogue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (04-13-2010), Rrae (04-14-2010)