View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 09:18 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I have not found that the magnets work for "burning".

They do work for shooting, stabbing pain and deep aching pain.

PN may just be burning (like I have). But it may be stabbing too like Meralgia Paresthetica.

I only mention them occasionally here because safe use depends on the person, and on the internet one cannot really safely gauge how a person will handle the strong magnets. You see in this thread already, humor and some examples of unsafe potential. In person, I can see a person and how they react and form their thoughts etc to guide me in deciding if they will be able to do it properly.

Reading here you can see many kinds of PN. I don't think magnets will work much for numbness, or global all over the body burning which seems common here.

But if you have a targeted nerve (like Cher) that has been identified as over-firing, or not working right, then the magnet option for pain relief is possible. My goal is to get people off the medications that seem to not work very well, and trade-off lots of side effects. The MP issue, also responds quickly to the magnets as does sciatica. If you go up to the first post here, I explain the nerve paths, there.

There are safety issues with magnets too. And I have to trust that people understand those as well. But on the other hand they are very effective, do not wear out unless you have an accident and break them or lose them etc. You cannot use them if you have any implanted medical device or shunt. So while they do not "cure" anything, they may give some needed pain relief, which improves quality of life.

I have typed the "magnet information" so many times here and there and it is long and takes up MY time to do so, I made the thread finally. That way people can see the basic potential.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
plgerrard (04-14-2010)