View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 10:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Annie, great questions to ask myself. My answers and thoughts.

Mestinon as a trigger for stress

MG doesn't make me feel threatened, not exactly, but there is something about medicine that does. I have had so many bad reactions to medicines, that I am scared every time I take anything. Surprisingly, I am tolerating Mestinon well and was starting to relax about taking it.

I also had childhood trauma from doctors and I have difficulty going to see doctors now, I feel unreasable fear just thinking about going to a doctor or taking medicine.

I don't really understand how it could be, but it is possible that somehow I feel threatened by Mestinon. Mostly because as a child I was very badly overmedicated (understatement), so much that I almost died, due to stupid doctors.

Allergic?

I may be developing an allergy to Mestinon, I hadn't thought of that. I have had a runny nose during the last week, but so does just about everyone here due to pollen. I am going to take allergy medicine to see if it goes away, I take Claratin when needed, but I haven't needed to since last year.

I don't have any of my typical allergy symptoms right now. I am allergic to lots of things, so I am always watching for signs of allergic reactions.

I don't think I am allergic to Mestinon but I am going to watch myself carefully.

Taking anything else?

I am taking Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin C and Vitamin E daily. I sometimes drink various teas, but not during this last month and never regularly.

I am wondering if my heart rate was high due to the extra work that I did. I am suspecting that I have a delayed reaction to pushing myself too hard. I really do think that me doing too much physical activity has caused this although I don't understand the process. The part that doesn't make sense is the tenseness...shouldn't I be more weak when I push myself?

Sue,

Thanks for your description of how you take Mestinon, it is helpful.

I usually take Mestinon at this time of day, but I feel tense in my shoulders and neck now, and although my heart is beating regularly now I feel like any little thing will make it beat fast again. I am going to delay the Mestinon, since yesterday I took one when I felt like this and it made my heart beat fast...I was able to sit and do nothing and my body calmed down. I do think that I am taking too much Mestinon.

I am going to experiment with my Mestinon again, within the boundaries set by my doctor.

My neuro did say that it is dangerous to suddenly stop taking Mestinon, he warned me to absolutely not stop taking it without working it out with him. He even said to be careful about skipped doses - he said this as a general statement and not just for me. I find it surprising that your doctor said to take it as you need it.

Thank you very much.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote