View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Susan, I'm sorry you have had such traumas in life. I completely relate, as you know. It's really hard to get over the traumas where your life is being threatened, especially by those whose job it is to help you.

I know there are psychiatrists who have a specific technique called EMDR, where they use several techniques to help someone get over traumas. I've been referred to a local expert. It might be worth a try.

http://www.emdr.com/briefdes.htm

Can you try being in an "angry" mood before taking Mestinon the next time? Like I said before, anger and panic can't coexist in the body at the same time. Whenever I "try" to be angry, though, it just makes me giggle.

I don't know if there is an allergy skin test for Bromide. Or even a RAST test for it.

I know you can figure this out. Just watch what's going on and listen to your body.

Oh, and about the Mestinon thing. How often you take it really depends on how bad your symptoms are. I take mine every three hours, round the clock, because maintaining my MG with Mestinon is my only treatment option right now. It really does help to keep MG more under control when you take it on a regular regimen (time between doses).

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (04-14-2010)