View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 05:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't think you are wrong in your skepticism of OT and PT, it has(had) a place in my life when I injured my low back and kept re-injuring it. They fixed me up for the next time and sent me on my way, as far as PN I have two wonderful therapists and we tried anodyne therapy for eight weeks, it didn't work. I ended my last PT about two years ago, and it was pool therapy, loved it so much I now have a swim spa right outside my bedroom door. I spend 30 minutes almost everyday in it doing the exercises I was taught at therapy, for those 30 minutes I am without pain! Best 17 grand we ever went in debt for. Yes the heat bugs my feet, but just a little and I can stretch and work the old muscles and joints.
Now my pain doc has become The Montana Center, an all inclusive one stop pain shop if you will, had a caudil spine shot last week and even though there is total blockage in my left S1 I think its working, the last two didn't. I'm also going to their chiro and he's going to teach me some more new tricks, I like him..also have head docs on staff. I am told only one other clinic like this exists in the whole US in little old Kalispell, MT.
I had a surpise urinalysis last visit, saw the 360.00 bill and called the billing folks up right away, guess what no mistake. It seems they are looking to make sure you aren't adding street stuff to the mix, or if you are taking too much, and worst of all if it doesn't show up in your urine that might indicate you are turning your meds for $$$. Insurance companies don't mind she told me....I want my old body back, the one that worked for the most part, I promise I'll take better care of it this time. I'm just feeling like they are upselling the whole tomato and I'm not sure I need it all, the other part of me is saying they are taking pain seriously enough to commit an entire practice to it. I hope that you are able to take away from those sessions even just a little bit that helps you, thats all we can ask for I suppose.
jannaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote