View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I love my Olhipie and would do anything for him to make his life easier...however I also need to let him know he is needed also. My 86 year old Mom lives with us as well so I'm doing double time.

Everyday he will ask what he can do to make my life easier? Most of the time I tease and say, "the best thing you can do is stay out the way", he knows I'm joking.

Most of the time I will give him a basket of laundry to fold with me. It's easy and warm and something not to tricky...fold his socks...sometimes I give him a dust rag and have him dust all he can reach. We have a huge library so sometimes I put him in charge of making them look right!

Most of the time when he asks what he can do for him...I answer...love me and be patient with me.

Hope this helps...blessings on those we care so much for!!

“Being my sweethearts full-time care partner, I have to remind myself, when some well-meaning friend or relative questions my methods or motives, that I know more than they do because I Live this life 24/7, and they only come for short visits.” Tamiloo

Gotta love my Olhipie! Dx'd RRMS 1986, SPMS 2004

Watch my Olhipie Skiing....

tamiloo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tied (04-19-2010)