Thread: Quick Update
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Tyson, My situation is different than yours!!! If you didn't have couplets and triplets (bad PVC's - aka premature ventricular complexes) during your stress test, then you should NOT worry. Especially not about V-Tach!!!

I can't advise you on anything. You have to rely on your doctors to do that. Talk to your cardiologist. Ask them to go over the stress test results with you and show you what was going on or not going on. Ask them about why they think you are having high BP and what you should do about it. Should you be on an aspirin due to the thick blood? Do they even know about those test results? I bring stuff like that to my doctors so they all know everything that might relate to their speciality.

Talk to your primary doctor about drug side effects and drug interactions. And your Protime, CRP and fibrinogen results. Ask them what you should or shouldn't be doing about your "general" care. They are the "quarterbacks" of your care and should be compiling everything in one place and going over it.

Neuros aren't cardios. However, common sense trumps all specialties. Chest pain is chest pain. It is considered an emergency. Do you have an urgent care facility nearby to go to instead of an ER? I hate to even suggest that. What if you have a mild heart attack (For example ONLY - not saying you would) and go to urgent care. Wrong place for that. Chest pain is something only docs can determine the cause of.

I think it's reasonable to make sure you don't have renal artery stenosis. Ask your internist and/or cardiologist about it. Talk about a differential for high blood pressure/hypertension. All the "guesses" in the world as to why it's high won't help you. Yeah, it could be the drugs. It could be the thicker blood, probably due to Accutane. But what if it's not? It's always dangerous to make assumptions with health issues.

I think you need to write down a bunch of questions for each doctor. Make appts. and then go see them. Maybe start with your internist. Get answers to your questions.

I still think unchecked or untreated high BP is dangerous, no matter what your age. It adversely affects your heart, brain and kidneys.

I don't know what the answer is except lots of questions, talking and, hopefully, answers from your doctors.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote