View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 08:10 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Hi Joanne and welcome to NT!

Funnily enough, another PCS survivor and I, Mark from Idaho, have just been discussing visual memory deficits. When I took my neuro-psych test I couldn't do the block test because I'd forget the pattern I was supposed to replicate in the time it took to look from the paper to the blocks. I seldom recognize people I've met since my accident and I can't copy accurately information from one sheet to another. It's very frustrating.

Not dreaming is something that can happen to folks with brain injuries. You've attributed this to your visual memory problems. That could be - but you'd think your dreams would still have an "audio tract."

Dreaming is a fairly complex cogntive state, and damaged brains sometimes can't get there. It took over two years for my brain to heal enough to dream at all. Now my dreams are the pre-REM literal type. Like many folks with tbi, I can't get into REM. Do you find you wake often in the night? I wake everytime my mind tries to enter REM. Some members have tried new medications designed to deal with this specific issue.

I would suggest that you post this question on the PCS Forum where more members of our brain boo boo club will see it.

Cheers
Hockey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote