Thread: Dont know why
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 10:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Neutro,

After reading your message to Tyson, I noticed we have a lot in common! Mestinon also didn't seem to work for me at first...After adding prednisone, it worked much better, as did PLEX...PLEX used to work well for me for DAYS (in the begining). After taking prednisone for a few months, it worked for up to a month...

Prednisone also didn't kick in for many, many months for me as well...

I've had to taper my pred. because the side-effects were brutal, and i've always felt like it hasn't worked for me...I know that it has, though...My arms and legs are much weaker now, especially my arms...My facial weakness is very bad again too...

I went swimming today, and my legs were like lead...Couldn't do the front-stroke for very long either...Worked out in the gym, and felt good, but extremely heavy....Am hoping that continuous exercise, as much as I can handle, will be good for me in the long-run, but it's a bit discouraging in the short term when you're very outta shape and have MG...

How are you doing lately?

P.S. Have you tried Imuran? I'm on that now, and waiting patiently for it to hurry up and start working!

Nicky

You mentioned time-release...That has been a life-saver for me...It also works much better than regular mestinon for me, and has allowed me to function somewhat normally...Also, taking my mestinon extremely vigilantly
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote