Old 04-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Monika....

Quote:
Originally Posted by monika View Post
Thanks Rae, that is really what it is, trying to save someone's life.

I have prayed so MUCH for this situation! I'm glad to hear it went well
with the appt. How are you feeling about things now? Do you feel the Dr has a good plan going for you both??

I must say how much i admire you.....every aspect of this battle you and your husband have been up against has touched many hearts.....
your openness about the alcohol is what truly puts a heartfelt twist on this whole situation....IMO..... there is absolutely NOTHING shameful about it, and like you said 'He's a very wonderful and talented man'.......
.........so was my brother.............i hate it that i must use the word 'WAS'.

.....he wasn't the one i referred to waiting for the liver transplant.....but nonetheless.......Neuropathy or ANY pain condition is bad in itself.......
the alcohol.....if everyone would be willing to be open about it.......is the 'silent enemy' in so many cases......
I truly understand where your husband is at....I too, numbed myself via that route some years ago......

Please keep us updated on the progress and how it goes with the appointments. A 'REAL' doctor will see past the person's personal choices and weaknesses and target the medical facts.

Whatever it takes to keep your husband more pain-free, I hope and pray he can get his 'life' back........he's so fortunate to have you.

Always Caring
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote