Thread: Quick Update
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 10:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Tyson,

I completely relate to your chronic infections and the MG misbehaving as a result...Precisely the same thing happens to me...I have plex, am doing fantabulous, then almost immediately get an infection, and am back at square one, sooner than later...Do you know if you have the infections prior to starting PLEX, or do you get them right after?

To tell you the truth, I don't know much about blood pressure, so it's good that you're looking into that...I have no idea what it means if the lower number is dropping....I've always had normal-to somewhat low BP until I had IViG...After that, my BP would get high at times, and I constantly felt bloated...After starting prednisone, it would get very high after eating salty/sugary foods and such, but otherwise, would be a bit high- 140/80, or something like that...It's pretty good now that I'm on EOD of 20mgs, around 120/80 again...

I have a question for you, but I'm a bit scared of the answer...I know that you exercise, so thought I'd ask...I was exercising today, and my heart rate was like 165-180...Is that extremely high? Made me kinda nervous, and felt like i was blacking out a touch...i decreased me exercise right away, so as not to pass out, and felt okay...Is that really abnormal? Mind you, I'm really outta shape and i have MG! What is your heart rate like when you're doing heavy exercise?

nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote