View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 10:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Shocked

What reason did they give you for putting you on Geodon? As Sue said, that is a psych only med and not at all for seizures. It is used for schizophrenia. There are black box warnings with it. One is Dementia-Related psychosis. It has side effects that command very careful use. Seizures is also a side effects so you would not know if a seizures is due to the Geodon or to a real diagnosis of eilepsy. I can't believe they chose that one! If my docs were in the tiniest way associated with psych, I would not at all feel safe. It's no different that going to the gastro doc for what seems lke a bad case of GERD when the symptoms you are having are oiginating from your heart except the Gastro doc would refer you to the right doc, the cardiologist. I have to ask why you are depending on the psych docs to give you a very specific neuro diagnosis that only those highly trained and experienced in that one area really can. These are the same docs who can offer you the best treatment to go with the diagnosis. These psych docs know psych, and that is not epilepsy. The only ones who really know epilepsy are the epileptologists. That is what you have to decide on. In our world those two do not ever need to cross directly. Geodon will not stop seizures. They will continue to get worse and you will have to assume some responsibiity for that because you have the information and are making a choice. A good epileptologist and a therapist may be helpful. That was what helped me. It is your decision. I wish you well. Tattoo
Tattoo2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Morganomics (04-15-2010)