View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 11:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evonne View Post
I noticed that your list mentioned Levodopa. So, does that mean that you can't take Sinemet?
Yeah, I saw that..It says "dopamine"..not sure if they are refering to levadopa or not, because Stalevo is a combination of entacapone and levadopa..That wouldnt make sense

Which now that I think about it, I got desperate one day and tried some Mucuna powder, and what that is, is herbal dopamine..I dont remember if I was taking Stalevo at the time..But now that I think about it, maybe that had something to do with, why I coudnt get up off the floor when it wore off

Quote:
I love the idea of taking something neuroportective like Azilect. I think that the thing that concerns me the most is that there seem to be a lot of things that interact with it. Anesthesia is one of them. What happens if you need to have emergency surgery or something? I guess all we can do is let the doctors know what we take and then it's up to them to figure out the rest!

I am really surprised that I still haven't heard back from my neurologist. He recently came back from vacation, so I guess he must be really slammed at the office. Still, I would think that in a situation like this, at least the MA would call me back. I didn't take the Azilect today. I am still taking the Effexor until I hear otherwise. Thanks for your response, Steve!

Evonne
Anesthesia?..Wow, that's not good..I wonder if there is an alternative Anesthesia drug?..In either case, it would be important for the hospital to know about that..Its hard enough to get the message across when you're conscious, never mind unconscious, and in an emergency situation