View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 11:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

mizz mg I also have alcoholic neuropathy. Drank for 30 yrs. Have all the good things that go w/it. Cardiomyopathy, balance problems, neuropathy from the knee down on both legs, no ankle reflexes and the worst is alcoholic Hep C. Take 1600 mg neurotin and 250 mg effexor a day. Tried all of the vitiamins and thiamin, folic acid etc. This didn't help. But don't get discouraged some days are better than others. Neurologists have told me once the nerve damage is done it's irreversible unless caught very quickly. Hopefully, yours is caught in time. As for the health ins. try if possible to get on Medicaid thru your state it will cover all depending on income. Keep your head up and do your best. Hopefully, you will get relief.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizz mg View Post
hello to all that may read this. i was told i have alcoholic neuropathy. iam only 30 years old. my symtoms are, walking on lumps, which makes it diffcult and uncomfortable for me to walk, stand,shower, anything that involves using my feet is uncomfortable. the doctor says i consumed so much alcohol and the lack of b-12 caused me to have alcoholic neuropathy. i'am married but seperated. i have two boys, they are 9 and 3. its sometimes diffcult for me take care of them, but by the grace of GOD, i have been making it. the doctor said for me to take b-12 vitamins. they help a little. my feet aren't as cold as they were. but i have to were certain types of shoes. i can't where heels, they have to be flat wide shoes. i sometimes get depressed because i'am so young and my children depend on me. if there is anyone out there that has what i have or have any type of neuropthy, plwase share some info with me, or perhaps your story. i feel so alone in this battle. i'am also new to this site.
cindy t is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote