Thread: SCS coverage
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 12:22 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Confused I think we share the same boat.......

Sort of........

Several of the things you've mentioned are similar to what I am facing.....
We had our implants in the same timeframe...... your surgery was wayyyyy more involved however, so no doubt you've got a way to go as far as the healing..........
But..... I'm trying to remember if you had the stimulation in the area at first and now it seems to be 'fading'...?
How many programs do you have?

I still have yet to get to my first tweek session (Apr 26), but several of the things you've brought up are similar.....such as the left side being favored....

What throws me for a loop tho, is that you just came home from a re-programming session and were happy with it, then wake up the next morning with the changes? That's strange.
Since our surgeries were so different, it's hard to compare.....

As of now, I am only using 1 out of the 3 programs I originally had. The other 2 programs create this very uncomfortable 'grabbing/pulling' sensation in my back near the incision where the leads are. I have found that this may be due to the fact that those 2 programs may be using shared electrodes, which is like setting up a program as a 2 in 1 sorta thing.
Some programs are set up to 'cross-talk' or they may be individually....
Also, I'm going to ask if my dual leads were 'staggered', because this, supposedly can cover more area.......
I'm basing this info from a friend via Email who is giving me input. Those stupid little 'handbooks' they give us do not say much more than what common sense would tell us, so at least this friend of mine is giving me input that will aid me in the questions I will be asking...

Also, as I was 'experimenting' around with my programmer, I realized that certain programs cover an area in a certain way, and then if I would lie down, the coverage would change dramatically.
I guess that's why they create the different programs for our different activities during the day/nite.
So, while you were at your programming session, did he have you lie down/stand up/sit down/ to program the leads according to your different positions? I'm hoping that's all it is in your case, that you woke up lying down with a program on that he set as you were in a standing position....

Good Gravy.....this sounds like a tossed salad with a micophone!
I hope I haven't caused you more confusion.

I'll check back soon and we can compare notes k!

Your Friend
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (04-17-2010)