View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 04:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Post MVD problems

Hi, I thought to share my post-MVD nightmare I was diagnosed with AD & I tried to deal with it the best that I could obviously as well as the surgery pain in general. What worked best for me was cold/ice which is totally against my usual train of thought as heat is my main comfort. I used a gel bag, I let it defrost a while before putting onto my face so that I could mould it better. Once I got past the first 5 minutes it was fine because my face was numb and I found that my AD gradually subsided.

However I did have 'other things' going on at the same time, unfortunately permanent, as my hearing never returned. AND, since the op I had Tinnitus which has never left me. My surgeon didn't really want to know either, it was like he'd 'done his job' that is to say he'd performed the mvd.

The 4 months following he maintained that the hearing would return & I'd believed this but at the same time was concerned for myself. I asked to be referred to the ENT, which I was. After a consult and tests, I was told that the ear was damaged & that the hearing would never return. And yeah I pretty much lost it for a while.
Bayley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote