View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 07:22 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks everyone!

Lady, sorry to hear about the basal cell stuff. My dad has had to have it removed from his nose twice. Between that and his baldness - he never goes out without a rimmed hat on. On particularly sunny days, he always makes sure his nose is covered with sunscreen.

Yeah, my family bats a thousand with all the fun stuff. Between him and my mom's melanoma, my dad was very insistant that my brother and I be very aware of our moles. All the ones I've had removed were what they termed "precancerous". On the good news front - he checked and none of the ones removed have come back.

Sun is a hit and miss thing for me since I love spending time outside. I unfortunately have a chemical allergy to sunscreen, so can't go higher than 8 without the chance of getting hives and a chemical burn. I miss level 12 since that was the most effective for me, but I can't find it anywhere anymore. I have to reapply more often than I would like if I spend long times outside since it's a lower level, but it keeps me from burning.

Dx'd MS 2007, Fibro 2009
FinLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (04-16-2010)