View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 09:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbyfree View Post
You said it....he provided. Did she have a choice in that matter. What were the side effects of her managing that pain without the medication. That should not be relevant as she had no choice in that matter. Pathetic is putting it lightly, Express the impact on her life due to the fact that she was not able to properly control her pain. I will pray for you and Suzy for a positive outcome. This should just be the least of our worries.

God Bless

Jeanie
Thanks, Wilbyfree! The side effects that I could see was the spread of RSD from her arms into her legs and feet. Swelling in her hands, knees, red and blue feet and toe nails that now grow out of her feet on a 45 degree angle. Her mental state throughout wasn't good. Many of her earlier doctors focused on her mind instead of her pain. One particular doctor's record reflects this when he states that her psychological issues is effecting her physically. I will say my wife took both lyerica and Cymbalta and it made her feel very bad and stopped using them. Having known my wife for 30 years I can say without a doubt that the pain was effecting her mind, not the otherway around, I am absolutely convinced of this and was the driving force that got me motivated to go to every doctors visit with her.

When my wife first contracted RSD she kept it a secret from me for two years, fearing I may leave her. The first four years she had very little treatment and was ignored by many doctors. Another words her early management of her pain forced her to go to many doctors which opens another can of worms for those with this desease.
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote