View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 01:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for your replies it means a lot.

The Neuropsych asked me "What do you think is wrong?" and I told him that I'm not one to diagnose myself but I believe there is a good chance that I have Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. I should've asked him what do you think it is?

They didn't want to make any judgements as to what my diagnosis is until they received the medical records from my neurologist, who was seeking out epilepsy. The neurologist failed to find any evidence at all except for my oral accounts of auras and dizzy spells.
I may be at the wrong doctor, I believed since a neuropsych deals with psychiatric symptoms due to neurological reasons that he would be the best fit for me. As for the Geodon, I agree not the drug I want to be on, I've been on a few antipsychotics and nothing seemed to work. Plus if my insurance won't cover it, it's going to be $500!! Why don't doctors realize this before they deside to prescribe!
So I will head your advice, luckily the medical records came in as we were visiting and he and the head neuropsych will look over the neuro records. If they find nothing, and don't suspect TLE should I still see the epileptologist? If however they do suspect TLE partial complex or simple partials I will most definately seek out an epileptologist. Neurology / epileptology and psychiatry are all in the same building, so if I need to be referred or refer myself I'll be in the same facility with all records available to all doctors.

After seeing psyhiatrists for eleven years and not receiving any real help, I believe the epileptologist may be the right move. I don't want to spend another decade feeling terrible, sleeping all the time and feeling like a complete zombie. I feel like it still is 2000 not 2010.
I'll keep you updated and I'll stay strong. Thank you.
Morganomics is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote