View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 01:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evonne View Post
I am thinking about ordering a vinyl bracelet with my medical information on it. You know, the kind people wear for cancer and other things. I think Lance Armstrong's Live Strong Bracelets have probably been seen by everybody. I found a site on-line awhile ago where you can order the medical bracelets. You can have them customized so that the part that actually faces towards your arm has all of the personal/medication information. The outside, in my case, would say Insulin Dependent Diabetic/PD. The inside would list all meds. I am going to put a card in my wallet with my driver's license listing all of this stuff as well. It might be awhile before I order the bracelet. I have to get all the meds straight first.

Steve,
Bummer about winding up on the floor! Probably had to do with that Mucuna! Yikes!!! How are you doing now with your meds? Well, I better get a move on. Gotta get ready for work. This has been a long week and I am looking forward to the weekend!
Hugs,
Evonne
I went through a tough patch, that lasted for about 6 months..CR wasnt working anymore, and I began having terrible off periods, or atleast that is what they seemed to be, so my neuro gave me some Stalevo 200's, about 6 weeks worth..It worked great, but when I was running out of them, I put in my Rx to CVS, and my Part D insurance company, rejected the Rx, and said that I had to try Comtan with my generic CR first..So I did..I never got dyskinesia untill I did that..I got worse as a result, alot worse..So I called my neuro, and asked him if he had anymore samples of Stalevo, so he gave me some, but they werent 200's..They were 150's and 125's..That didnt work either, so I got desperate and tried the Macuna powder..I have never taken anything for pd, that worked as good as that stuff..But the problem with it was when it was kicking in, I would get a jolt of dyskinesia, that lasted for about 20 minutes, and then almost no symptoms whatsoever for about 4 hours, untill it started to wear off..With very little warning, I got a dyskinetic twitch in my right leg, and the Macuna wore off so abruptly, that it was like getting thrown off a building..I went from no symptoms, to worse than unmedicated pd, in a few minutes, so I stopped taking it

Anyway, my neuro told my insurance company that the Comtan and generic CR didnt work for me, and finally the insurance approved the Stalevo, and since then, Ive been back to my old self again

During that 6 month period, I went through a number of med changes..From Generic CR to Stalevo, to Comtan and generic CR, to brand name Sinemet and Comtan, to generic Sinemet 25/100, then back to Stalevo..In retorospect, it seems that when all the levadopa/carbidopa products that I ingested, either alone, or mixed with Comtan stopped working, all I got daily, was very limited on time, and the rest of the day consisted of nothing but side effects from the medication..Seems like the Sinemet, etc actually made me worse