View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 01:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Trudging right alone with life

Hey Sheds,
I can sure appreciate to dilemma that you are in with children. You want to do the best for them but so you try to struggle on when it might not be the best thing for you. I bet this is a common problem. People just do not take the time off to rest and recover that they really need. And doctors don't tell you how important this is. They really should give better advice on this.

Looking back, I wish that I had taken more rest, but the trouble is even now I don't know how I could have arranged it. The truth is that unless you are in the enviable position of having savings to fall back on or a familty that step in and do everything for you then you pretty much have to carry on as best you can and take whatever rest is avaible to you.

Perhaps if you explain the situation clearly to your family then things might be a bit easier.

CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheds View Post
Concussed Scientist,

I wish I could give you a success story in this area. I had to return to work 4 days after my accident because my family could not afford to have me off of work. The 4 days was only possible because it fell over Christmas break. I didn't have the time to rest. During the days following, I would find a dark place at work to sleep for my half hour lunch and then finish the day. I have 2 children so even when I got home, it was hard to rest. I also felt guilty because I didn't seem to be spending time enough time with them because I was always tired. I would really like to know if I would have taken the time to rest if I would be better 16 months out, but I guess I will never know. So, we seem to trudge right along and live each day as it comes.
Concussed Scientist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote